HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Share | 

Brentwood College "Countdown to the Playoffs" Tourney

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sportvictoria

PostSubject: Brentwood College "Countdown to the Playoffs" Tourney   Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:54 am

For full draw and scores go to www.sportvictoria.com

Direct page link to tournament listings is below:
http://www.sportvictoria.com/basketball/2010-11/index.htm

GW Graham upset a short-handed Lambrick Park squad 88-83 (LP's best big-man did not play - wrist)

Holy Cross upset Mount Douglas 62-61 - also short their best big-man (sick)
Holy Cross then went on to beat Shawnigan (in the Shawnigan gym) 65-60

Sa-Hali held on to beat St. Micheals 72-64

In the biggest see-saw match of the day saw Southridge win 75-70 over Brentwood College.
Southridge was up 26-11 in the first - then Brentwood put on a clinic in transition and went on a 54-21 run to be up 65-47 with 6:43 to go - CUE THE COMEBACK! - Southridge outscored Brentwood 28-5 to win it. Was a weird one to watch I can tell you that!

Semi-finals go at 10:30 a.m. Saturday with Sa-Hali and Holy Cross going at it in the Shawnigan gym and GW Graham and Southridge in the Brentwood gym.

Finals set for 6:00 p.m.

You can follow the day's results through the game scores posted at Sportvictoria.com

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
Sportvictoria

PostSubject: Brentwood College Tourney   Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:59 pm

Holy Cross completed the upset knocking off GW Graham 68-52.
Sa-Hali (who lost to Holy Cross in the semis) spanked Southridge 77-54

http://sportvictoria.com/basketball/2010-11/2010-11%20-%20Brentwood%20College.htm

Back to top Go down
zoons

PostSubject: Re: Brentwood College "Countdown to the Playoffs" Tourney   Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:22 pm

I love how a bunch of the scores are followed by missing players. Does this change the score of the game??? All teams have experienced injuries and need to rely on their depth. Most teams try to find ways to win depite missing players. I think most teams have a player out here and there. Southridge was missing a player, Holy Cross was missing two players, Mt. Doug missing a player, Lambrick Park etc.... they all still won and lost with the team they had. How about posting scores and not makinig excuses for why teams lost or won. At the end of the day the score is all we have to go on, not speculation of what might of been if that guy was there or not. Maybe it would of affected the outcomes, maybe not. We got to see which teams lack depth enough to win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria

PostSubject: Reporting game info   Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:52 pm

zoons wrote:
I love how a bunch of the scores are followed by missing players. Does this change the score of the game??? All teams have experienced injuries and need to rely on their depth. Most teams try to find ways to win depite missing players. I think most teams have a player out here and there. Southridge was missing a player, Holy Cross was missing two players, Mt. Doug missing a player, Lambrick Park etc.... they all still won and lost with the team they had. How about posting scores and not makinig excuses for why teams lost or won. At the end of the day the score is all we have to go on, not speculation of what might of been if that guy was there or not. Maybe it would of affected the outcomes, maybe not. We got to see which teams lack depth enough to win.

Just reporting the FACTS of the game.
No excuses were being made for anyone.
I don't care which team wins or loses. I was just reporting what factually in evidence.

Holy Cross WAS the best team on the weekend.

Lyle Dhur
Sportvictoria
Back to top Go down
zoons

PostSubject: Re: Brentwood College "Countdown to the Playoffs" Tourney   Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:13 pm

I know you are just reporting the facts but it is misleading to viewers to see information following a score. Just post the score. Its all that matters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria

PostSubject: Posting results   Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:24 pm

zoons wrote:
I know you are just reporting the facts but it is misleading to viewers to see information following a score. Just post the score. Its all that matters.

Posting factual and relevant information does matter. You may not care to read it then don't. But others do.
Back to top Go down
TightD

PostSubject: Re: Brentwood College "Countdown to the Playoffs" Tourney   Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:29 pm

As a fan i want information such as a key player missing a game. I want the most relevant info while deciding the relative merits of each team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Brentwood College "Countdown to the Playoffs" Tourney   Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:44 am

Sportvictoria wrote:
zoons wrote:

Posting factual and relevant information does matter. You may not care to read it then don't. But others do.

I also want to know every thing about the game. Thank you for all the info you post Lyle including who is injured or missing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Brentwood College "Countdown to the Playoffs" Tourney

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1